Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!


"But now, on Thanksgiving, we still have the November
sun, and the clear deep blue of the sky, and the white glory
of the stars, and the loving-kindness of friends, just as our
forefathers had.  If only we can preserve the real things--
the love of man and woman, the peace of an evening by the 
fire, the sweetness of music, and the gay sound of children's
voices--we shall not have to hear the sound of the world
disintegrating into chaos."
 
~Gladys Taber, The Book of Stillmeadow
 

The turkey is in the oven, the rolls are rising and the pies are made.  Next, I'll peel the potatoes and put together the garden salad and fix some green beans.  Daughter is making the dressing at house and will bring it.  Son came in last night and he will get to carve the turkey for me when it is done and cooled down.  
 
The rest of this post is a repeat from last year.  I need to get those potatoes peeled!  

This Thanksgiving finds me thankful for so many things....I would have a very lengthy blog post if I tried to list them all.  As always, I am thankful for all my blogging friends.  I am wishing each one of you a very happy Thanksgiving Day and weekend!  And to those who live outside of the USA, I wish you a happy day and weekend ahead.

Love,
Cheryl

17 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I am thankful for you too. Sounds like your children will be with you today and that is a blessings. I will be with mine too. I love our family time. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Rest of your day, enjoy your family and food and Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl~

    Happy Thanksgiving to you dear friend! I'm so thankful for you as well, I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family and love!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl! It is so good to see you on Thanksgiving Day!! Your Gladys Tabor quote is wonderful, and I am sending it out to the church. I hope you have a grand day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless your family today and every day. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our dinner was similar to yours ---and we are all FULL tonight.....

    Sounds like your Thanksgiving was AWESOME.... I know you loved have both of your kids home. I just had one of them today --but will see the other two on Saturday.... YEAH.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a fine day. Hope that yours was sweet as well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Cheryl, for your continued support of my blog. I'm so thankful to have you as a reader and follower. Happy Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Loved the quote, Gladys spoke my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweet friend, I am sure you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family. We had one of our down for a two night stay and it was a sweet day. I loved your photo and quote; so perfect for Thanksgiving.
    We are enjoying warm record breaking weather so we are off for an adventure.
    Sending loving thoughts and thanks for being a wonderful blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do enjoy Gladys, thank you for sharing.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was lovely! It certainly sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with many blessings, Cheryl. Gladys Taber's writing have always been a favorite of mine.
    I apologize for taking so long in visiting, things are so busy around here, our ewes are lambing which makes me so happy, I always enjoy having Christmas lambs such a great reminder of the season we are celebrating.
    I decided this year that I wanted my decorations completed by Dec 1st. ~wink~ Mission completed.
    Thanks for visiting and for your sweet comments.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.

    ดูหนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete